вторник, 30 апреля 2013 г.

Rendering № 14


The editorial published on January, 23 on Georgia Times site is headlined “Vysotskyin the heart of the Georgian people”. It discusses the situation on January 25, all over the world the people remembered the great bard and a talented artist Vladimir Vysotsky. Analyzing the situation, the author of the article, Khatuna Mamniashvili, notes that  Work of this genius will always be remembered. A galaxy of talented songwriters, great actors and musicians, intellectuals and free-thinking people has grown on the songs of this unsurpassed man. It must be mentioned that in Tbilisi, the evening of memory "Of course, I'll be back ...", dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the birth of Vladimir Vysotsky, was organized by the International Cultural and Educational Union "Russian Club" with the support of the Cartu Fund.

The article carries a lot of comment on the concert which was attended by the Minister of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia Guram Odisharia, as well as numerous representatives of the diplomatic corps and intellectuals. Giving appraisal to the situation, it’s worth mentioning that the concert was hosted by Nicholas Sventitsky - President of International Cultural and Educational Union "Russian Club". Sventitsky said that Vladimir Vysotsky had immortalized everything he had written and sung, becoming a legend after death.

The reporter gives some details about guests of the festival - Irma Sokhadze, Nugzar Kvashali, Irina Megvinetukhutsesi, Besik Kalandadze, ensemble "Forte", Veriko Turashvili, Salome Bakuradze, Oto Nemsadze, Temo Sajaia Eka Kvaliashvili, children's vocal and dance ensemble Funkids. The correspondent emphasizes the fact that not only Georgian artists performed at the concert, but also the guests specially invited by the organizers. The author gives the following examples: "Brothers-Slavs" Michael Gritskan from Ukraine and Arthur Fedorovich from Belarus also pleased Tbilisi audience. Tbilisi scene for a while made forget about the eternal misunderstandings between Armenia and Azerbaijan. David Khachatryan from Yerevan and Samir Rajabov and Elkhan Chelyabi from Baku featured in the concert. There is a lot of comment on Vakhtang Kikabidze, People's Artist of the USSR who the writer quotes : “On the funeral day, I asked my friend to go earlier to avoid the crowds to quietly say goodbye to this great man. We came by night, from before dawn, and there were so many people in the dark that it was impossible to breathe. People were in shock and despair, absorbed by this universal grief. And then I remember I said a phrase that was later widely distributed, "If Volodya knew how the citizens of the country love him, he would have died in the second time".

Giving appraisal to the situation, it’s interesting to note different people’s opinion towards Vysotsky. David Khachatryan, a guest from Armenia: "I am theater and movie actor; I perform my own songs and songs of Vysotsky. For me, Vladimir Vysotsky is great poet and composer, the man on whose works I grew up, became an artist, whose songs I learned to play on guitar, and I love all that he created.Eka Kvaliashvili, singer, Georgia: "I am very pleased to take part in this anniversary evening in memory of Vladimir Vysotsky. For me, this man is a multi-faceted artist; I am a devoted admirer of his work. When I sing his song dedicated to the woman he loved - Marina Vlady, I feel unique feelings. This penetration into the essence of consciousness and touching sensibility admires me. Perhaps this is strange and unexpected, but I'm comparing Vladimir Vysotsky with Edgar Poe. Their work is different, but invaluable great. For me, these people are somehow similar; some invisible thread is connecting them with each other.”

The author concludes the article with Michael Gritskan’s statement, singer, composer, Ukraine: “For me Vysotsky is absentee teacher who inspired me to create and sing. I have been working on the professional stage for 6 years, performing rock ballads. At each of my solo concert I surely sing the songs of Vysotsky. He did not leave anybody indifferent to his creativity, and I am among those people. For me, he is a very special artist.
I am in Georgia for the first time, and I am touched by the attentiveness and hospitality. Tbilisi is very beautiful and colorful city. I am very pleased that this beautiful country remembers and loves Vladimir Vysotsky".
As for me, I completely agree with all statements mentioned above about Vladimir Vysotsky. This great person and his unique talent are recognized in many countries all over the world and crowds of his fans is getting bigger and bigger because of the specific feature of all his songs – they won’t be outdated.

1 комментарий: